About Me. (sort of)
More like the facts… i don’t know how much I can tell you about my personality / random likes and dislikes. You’re just going to have to find that out for yourself and/or ask me.
Name: Milena (me-lay-nah) or Lena (lay-nah) for short.
—-> I have no middle name. It’s a Serbian thing.. we aren’t given middle names. But I want to add Jolanda as my middle name when I eventually change my name (i.e. when I get married?) to name myself after my grandmother (may she rest in peace)
Age: 20. My birthday is April 17, 1992 (in case I forget to change the age again in a year) therefore I’m an Aries. :D
Born: I was born in Nanaimo, B.C. which is a beautiful city on Vancouver Island. (if you don’t know where that is please google it.. it’s so beautiful!)
Raised: My parents moved back to Subotica, Serbia when I was little and we lived there until I was 5 when they moved to the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) where we live now although we have changed cities since then.
Languages: I speak fluent English and Serbian… unfortunately that’s it. I can pronunce stuff in French and know random words from when we were taught French in school but I could never hold a conversation since I forgot all of my verbs/conjugations. My Serbian is pretty bad right now since I haven’t been back there since 2007 but it depends on how often I’ve been speaking it since I tend to speak Serblish at home.
- I’m an only child and so are my parents
- Most of my mom’s side of the family is in the Vancouver area so they’re in the same country at least. The rest are in Novi Sad/Futog, Serbia.
- Most of my Dad’s side of the family is in Serbia or across Europe. I only know part of that side, those who live in Subotica, since my grandfather’s side lives in Croatia and we severed ties with them before I was born.
- I never met my maternal grandfather, he died before I was born from sickness (I don’t know what).
- I keep finding things out about my family that I never knew. Like I’ve known for a few years that my paternal grandmother never knew who her father was (although she had her suspicions) and I just found out that my mom doesn’t know who her father was either.
- My paternal grandmother died on January 6, 2009 (aka Serbian Christmas Eve) from just old age really (her body was giving out on her after she fell in her house) and my Dad was on a plane on his way to see her when she died. Life is so fucking cruel. I can’t even talk about her without getting teary so if I don’t stop now I’m going to start crying. I miss her so much! I believe everything happens for a reason and I believe the reason behind this was to remind me of what I have and to be grateful for everything/never take anything/anyone for granted like I did my grandmother. I want to go visit her grave when I go to Serbia next and I have a feeling I’m going to cry like I never have before.
- I’m really close with my great aunt, I consider her like my grandmother and she treats me the same as her grandchildren even though I’m not blood-related to her (she married into the family) but she is one the kindest and most caring people I know.
- My little cousin Tiyana is my little angel, I’ve loved her ever since I met her as a toddler and she reminds me so much of myself (except better) because of how mature, smart, funny, athletic, and artistic she is. I got a birthday card from her the once and I started tearing up because she’s never done that for me before. I miss her and her little brother Mattheuse so much! When my mother told me that Tiya was really confused after my great uncle died and she was trying to comfort her mother who was crying I burst into tears because of how sweet and caring she is. She really is an angel and I want a daughter just like her!
- I don’t have any family in Ontario and I usually like it that way. I feel suffocated when I’m surrounded by family all of the time. That and I don’t feel at home in Vancouver. I do when I’m on the Island or when I’m in Toronto but that’s it.
- I have a love for the South that I can’t describe. I drove to Texas with my parents and it was my favourite state for the longest time. I also loved Kentucky. I want to travel to all of the states one day (including Alaska ever since I saw Sarah Palin’s tv show).
- I’m 5’7” with naturally dark brown hair and chocolate brown eyes.
- I can’t be friends with people whose personalities clash with mine. There are many people that I dislike/am not friends with simply because I dislike their personality.
- I’m generally an optimist. (and a (day)dreamer)
- I believe that everything happens for a reason and I also believe in fate.
- I believe in God but maybe not in the same way that typical Christians do. I’m not convinced that there is a being that controls the world but I believe more in something like fate, a force that controls parts of our lives/our destines.
- I am Serbian Orthodox Christian meaning I celebrate Christmas (Božić) on January 7 (January 6 = Badnje Veće) and Easter (or Uskrs/Vaskrs) is generally a week or two off from the typical Catholic Easter. We also celebrate saint days (called a Slava) where each family has a different saint/day. Mine is on December 19 and is Sveti Nikola (Saint Nicholas).
- I’m usually very independent. I also like my alone time… I think it’s an only child thing.
- I drive a white 2006 Chevy Cobalt LT that I paid for mostly myself… I love my car :)
- I listen to EDM mostly and I hope to go to the big raves/festivals one day.
- I watch so many shows that I couldn’t even list them all (especially without consulting my sidereel account first)
- I like action and animated movies the most, then comedies.